Sunday, November 22, 2009

Dinner & Shopping Echo Park style!



In an attempt to have a Saturday night on the town with our 1 year old, my husband piled us in the car and hit the streets driving at a cool 35 miles an hour.  First stop was the El Compadre, home of the flaming margaritas.  We visited the Echo Park location which has recently been remodeled. They added additional space behind the bar to accommodate the folks who like to come in for the drinky-drink.  Ah, that used to be us...  Anyway, we ordered our food and enjoyed the tunes played by the house band.  They typically have a romantic Mariachi Trio, but this night only had a genius on the keyboard and another guy singing.  Not to down play it or anything -they were good!  We just wanted the real deal and they were not there.  The food is alright, but having had Mexican food from my mom's kitchen, I am spoiled.  It's good for gavacho standards for sure.  Plus I think the flaming margarita is amazing!

What can happen in this lighting at El Compadre?





Not ready to call it a night, my son, Peaboo decided to take us on a stroll down Sunset Blvd.  My attention took to an adorable little store front... Warwick!  I was immediately impressed that it was open late, but come to find out it is a 'late night' vintage boutique.  How awesome is that?!  They carry beautiful clothes in pristine condition not like that smelly stuff you find in thrift stores.  They also offer in house tailoring.. FOR FREE!  Okay Warwick, cause you already had me at hello!   It was not hard to find two pretty blouses that I had to have.  I will surely be back for more!




Warwick's beautiful shop greets you with fishbowls filled with succulent plants and light bulbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts

Related Posts with Thumbnails